VLegal Privacy Statement
This policy is provided for your information and is not intended to limit or exclude your rights under laws and regulations as applicable in India.
- What personal information does VLegalcollect?.
We may collect and hold information relating to you that you have provided to us or that we may have been obtained from third party sources as required under laws and regulations and when you use our services or websites or otherwise interact with Us.This information may include, amongst other things, your name, father’s name, mother’s name, spouse’s name, date of birth, address, telephone numbers, mobile phone number, email address, occupation and information contained in the documents used as proof of identity and proof of address or any other information so provided to Us. We may also hold information related to your utilization of our services. This may include your call records, your browsing history while surfing our website, location details and additional information provided by you while using our services.
We may keep a log of the activities performed by you on our websites by using various internet techniques such as web cookies, web beacons, server log files, etc. for analytical purposes and for analysis of the amiability of various features on our site. This information may be used to provide you with a better experience at our website.
- How do VLegal use your Personal Information?
The information that we collect from you is held in accordance with applicable laws and regulations in India. It may be used by us for a number of purposes connected with our services offered to you. which include:
- processing your services;
- billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method);
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- carrying out market analysis and marketing our and our group companies’ products and services generally;
- contacting you (including by post, email, fax, short text message (SMS), pager or telephone) about our and our group companies' products and services and the products and services of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you (unless you ask us in writing not to). For completeness we note that where such contact is via electronic means, our terms and conditions record our agreement with you that the electronic marketing messages we and our selected third parties send need not include an unsubscribe facility;
- registering your details and allocating or offering you rewards, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have in respect of our and our group companies' loyalty or reward programmes and other similar schemes in compliance with applicable law;
- inclusion in any telephone or similar directory or directory enquiry service provided or operated by us or by a third party (subject to any objection or preference you may have indicated to us in writing), in compliance with the applicable law;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our services;
- Sharing your Personal Information
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
- VLegal team members who may use and disclose your information for the services;
- credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise) who may share your information with other organizations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- if someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
- those providing telephone and similar directories or directory enquiry services.
- anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of the VLegalnetworks and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
- any person or organization as authorized by laws and regulations applicable in India.
We take adequate steps to ensure that our third parties adopt reasonable level of security practices and procedures to ensure security of personal information.
We may retain your personal information for as long as required under any law or regulation. We, however assure you that VLegaldo not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties (except when you seek for the same) which could lead to invasion of your privacy.
When we dispose off your personal information, we use reasonable procedures to erase it or render it unreadable (for example, shredding documents and wiping electronic media).
- Internet Use
We make every effort to maintain the security of our internet connections; however for reasons outside of our control, security risks may still arise. Any personal information transmitted to us or from our online services will therefore be your own risk; however we will use our best efforts to ensure that any such information remains secure. We cannot protect any information that you make available to the general public – for example, on message boards or in chat rooms.
- understand what you like and use about our website;
- understand what you do not like and do not use on our website;
- provide a more enjoyable, customized service and experience, and
- help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
We may use a persistent cookie to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration details on your Personal Computer. This helps us recognize you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don't have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned above.
Most browser technology (such as Internet Explorer, Netscape etc) allows you to choose whether to accept cookies or not – you can either refuse all cookies or you can set your browser to alert you each time that a website tries to set a cookie.
We will occasionally update this privacy statement to reflect changes in our services and customer feedback. We request you to visit our site periodically for latest information and changes.
- How to Contact Us
We are committed to safeguard your personal information collected and handled by us and look forward to your continued support for the same. In case of any privacy-related feedback or concern regarding protection of your personal information, you can contact us as per the details given under “Contact Us”
We would strive to address your feedback and concerns in a timely and effective manner. We look forward to your suggestions and valuable inputs.