1. What is the purpose of TTT on POSH Laws?
Answer: POSH Act mandates regular awareness trainings to the employees of any establishment operating from India. We don’t have sufficient expert trainers.
2. I’m not a lawyer by profession. Can I conduct the POSH Trainings or can became External member?
Answer: Yes. Law doesn’t insist that the Trainer or External Member should be a lawyer.
3. What are the assignments I can take once I complete the TTT?
Answer: You can (a) do the periodical awareness program to the employees; (b) conduct skill based training for IC Members; (c) become the External Member of the Internal Committee (d) framing of Anti-Sexual Harassment Policy (e) Assist companies in filing of Annual Returns (f) advisory on POSH matters.
4. Do I get a Certificate after the workshop?
Answer: Yes. You will get a ‘Completion Certificate’ once you complete the workshop, successfully.
5. What is the validity period of the Certificate?
Answer: It is not issued for a specific time period.
6. Do I require to undergo any test after the workshop?
Answer: No. your active participation is necessary specially the ‘case study’ sessions.
7. Can a Male Trainer become a POSH Trainer?
8. Is the Law applicable for the companies which has less than Ten employees?
9. Is the Law applicable for the companies which has only female/male employees?
10. How do I market the POSH assignments?
We will share the tips in the workshop. You can use VLegal Certificate and the acknowledgement from Government that you have registered as a ‘resource person’.
11. Law changes frequently. How do I update about such changes?
Upon completion of the workshop, you will become the member of VLegal’s ‘POSH Enabler Group’. We update the members regularly.
12. Will you guarantee any assignments?
13. How do I become a Government recognized POSH Trainer?
We will explain the process in the workshop.
14. Does POSH Law apply to Educational Institutions?
Yes. UGC and AICTE have separate Regulations for Higher Educational Institutions.
15. What are the study materials I get during the workshop?
VLegal Presentations (PPTs), soft copy of the POSH Book (a practical guide), soft copies of the POSH Act and Rules.
16. How can I assist the companies to file the Annual Returns?
Will explain the process in the workshop.
17. Can I conduct trainings even after I became the External Member of the Company?
18. What are the types of Training I can propose to the companies?
Three types of trainings. will explain the types and contents in the workshop.
19. Is there any prescribed Fee for POSH training assignments?
20. Do you clear my doubts me when I get the assignments?
Yes. On a ‘best effort’ basis.
21. I am a full time employee of an organization. Once I do the TTT, what are the benefits of my organization?
You can be a member of IC of your organization; you can assist the management in identifying sexual harassment as per the Laws; you can help your company to comply with the provisions of the law. You can conduct the in-house training for other employees.
22. I am a full time employee. After receiving the Certificate, can I conduct the training for my colleagues? Can it be considered as a compliance under POSH Act?
(A ‘TRAIN THE TRAINER’ WORKSHOP ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE (PREVENTION, PROHIBITION & REDRESSAL) ACT, 2013)
Why POSH Training?
· Most of the business establishments do not have an idea about POSH Law & it’s compliances;
· The regular awareness program is a compliance under Law;
· We don’t have sufficient number of Subject Matter Experts to conduct training;
Primary reason attributed to the increased number of sexual harassment at workplace is lack of awareness. People do not know what constitutes a ‘sexual harassment’ and what not. Though, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 (the POSH Act) mandates the regular awareness programs among the employees, it has not been complied with at the desired level.
Government of India, under Ministry of Women and Child Development has published a panel of the ‘resource institutions’[ http://www.shebox.nic.in/training/login]. Considering the size and volume of the workplaces in India, the list is insufficient. VLegal is one of such empaneled Institution.
Keeping this in view, VLegal, (a group of lawyers & trainers dedicated to spread the legal awareness) has designed the ‘POSH Enabler’ a train the trainer workshop for the trainers and corporate employees. As of date, VLegal has conducted 11 Workshops (Bengaluru, Kochi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune & Delhi), across the country, successfully. Around One Hundred and Eighty participants have been trained and we are happy to share that most of them have been acquired corporate assignments of POSH related compliances.
What makes this workshop different:
· It’s an end-to-end interactive program;
· Group Discussion on Case Studies;
· Debates, Activities & Role plays;
· Updated knowledge sharing;
· High voltage Q&A Sessions throughout the sessions;
· Post Workshop Handholding of the participants;
· Assistance in designing the profile for corporate assignments;
· Certificate of Participation.
Who should attend:
· Corporate Trainers;
· IC Members, HR Executives and In-house Legal Counsel;
· Principals of Higher Educational Institutions (the Act applies)
· Lawyers & Social workers;
· NGO Executives who are working for the cause women empowerment.
· PSU Resource Persons;
· Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
What it covers:
Two Days’ Workshop on PROTECTION OF CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL OFFENCES ACT, 2012 (POCSO):
About POCSO :
Children are our nation's future. They are vulnerable and easy to manipulate physically and emotionally. This is the sole reason for the rampant sexual abuse against them. POCSO is applicable to all establishments where the Children are involved which includes the Educational Institutions where the students are below 18 Years of age.
POCSO Act, among other things, contains the Offences, Punishments and the Process of investigation and trial of the cases.
Why the Awareness Program?
Unfortunately, the number of cases being reported showing an increasing trend. One of the core reasons for this situation is lack of awareness about law and the consequences. therefore, we need sufficient trainers/school staff who have expertise in the subject. This is the reason, we organize a Two Days’ (train the trainer) workshop which will make the participants competent to undertake the training at the institutions, independently.
Our ultimate goal is to Prevent the offences:
Prevention always better than Redressal. As even the perpetrator is punished, the victim child would carry on the stigma in her/his life. Surveys show that the children who have been sexually harassed in childhood, would invariable become sexually more aggressive person. The Prevention happen when we sensitise the students, staff, teachers, parents and all other people who are involved in the business of dealings with Children.
Who should Attend?
Especially by Schools - Principal, Teachers, Counsellors, PRO, Non-teaching staff management of Shelter Homes, Orphanage, Religious Institutions, Factory Managements, business organisations who are engaging the children below 18 years of age, Media Houses, Hospital management, Hoteliers, NGOs, Doctors, Police Officials etc.,
Contents of the Workshop:
The workshop is designed to have complete interactive sessions.
· Sensitization towards child safety & Security ; the purpose & how to achieve it?
· Child Rights under Constitution of India;
· Role of Stakeholders - Parents, Principal, Teachers, Police, Court, Doctors, NGOs, Trainers etc.
· What is the Law? How is the law being implemented?
· The provisions of POCSO Act & the compliances;
· The process of Handling of the complaints;
· Other related laws : Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act,2015
· Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act,2005
· Psychological factors; how to handle a Child if she/he is Sexually abused;
· How to handle the child? Role of Psychologists and Counsellors
· Case Studies; discussions.