(A ‘TRAIN THE TRAINER’ WORKSHOP ON SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF WOMEN AT WORKPLACE (PREVENTION, PROHIBITION & REDRESSAL) ACT, 2013)
Why POSH Training?
· Most of the business establishments do not have an idea about POSH Law & it’s compliances;
· The regular awareness program is a compliance under Law;
· We don’t have sufficient number of Subject Matter Experts to conduct training;
Primary reason attributed to the increased number of sexual harassment at workplace is lack of awareness. People do not know what constitutes a ‘sexual harassment’ and what not. Though, Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act, 2013 (the POSH Act) mandates the regular awareness programs among the employees, it has not been complied with at the desired level.
Government of India, under Ministry of Women and Child Development has published a panel of the ‘resource institutions’[ http://www.shebox.nic.in/training/login]. Considering the size and volume of the workplaces in India, the list is insufficient. VLegal is one of such empaneled Institution.
Keeping this in view, VLegal, (a group of lawyers & trainers dedicated to spread the legal awareness) has designed the ‘POSH Enabler’ a train the trainer workshop for the trainers and corporate employees. As of date, VLegal has conducted 11 Workshops (Bengaluru, Kochi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune & Delhi), across the country, successfully. Around One Hundred and Eighty participants have been trained and we are happy to share that most of them have been acquired corporate assignments of POSH related compliances.
What makes this workshop different:
· It’s an end-to-end interactive program;
· Group Discussion on Case Studies;
· Debates, Activities & Role plays;
· Updated knowledge sharing;
· High voltage Q&A Sessions throughout the sessions;
· Post Workshop Handholding of the participants;
· Assistance in designing the profile for corporate assignments;
· Certificate of Participation.
Who should attend:
· Corporate Trainers;
· IC Members, HR Executives and In-house Legal Counsel;
· Principals of Higher Educational Institutions (the Act applies)
· Lawyers & Social workers;
· NGO Executives who are working for the cause women empowerment.
· PSU Resource Persons;
· Entrepreneurs and Business Owners
What it covers:
Two Days’ Workshop on PROTECTION OF CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL OFFENCES ACT, 2012 (POCSO):
About POCSO :
Children are our nation's future. They are vulnerable and easy to manipulate physically and emotionally. This is the sole reason for the rampant sexual abuse against them. POCSO is applicable to all establishments where the Children are involved which includes the Educational Institutions where the students are below 18 Years of age.
POCSO Act, among other things, contains the Offences, Punishments and the Process of investigation and trial of the cases.
Why the Awareness Program?
Unfortunately, the number of cases being reported showing an increasing trend. One of the core reasons for this situation is lack of awareness about law and the consequences. therefore, we need sufficient trainers/school staff who have expertise in the subject. This is the reason, we organize a Two Days’ (train the trainer) workshop which will make the participants competent to undertake the training at the institutions, independently.
Our ultimate goal is to Prevent the offences:
Prevention always better than Redressal. As even the perpetrator is punished, the victim child would carry on the stigma in her/his life. Surveys show that the children who have been sexually harassed in childhood, would invariable become sexually more aggressive person. The Prevention happen when we sensitise the students, staff, teachers, parents and all other people who are involved in the business of dealings with Children.
Who should Attend?
Especially by Schools - Principal, Teachers, Counsellors, PRO, Non-teaching staff management of Shelter Homes, Orphanage, Religious Institutions, Factory Managements, business organisations who are engaging the children below 18 years of age, Media Houses, Hospital management, Hoteliers, NGOs, Doctors, Police Officials etc.,
Contents of the Workshop:
The workshop is designed to have complete interactive sessions.
· Sensitization towards child safety & Security ; the purpose & how to achieve it?
· Child Rights under Constitution of India;
· Role of Stakeholders - Parents, Principal, Teachers, Police, Court, Doctors, NGOs, Trainers etc.
· What is the Law? How is the law being implemented?
· The provisions of POCSO Act & the compliances;
· The process of Handling of the complaints;
· Other related laws : Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act,2015
· Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act,2005
· Psychological factors; how to handle a Child if she/he is Sexually abused;
· How to handle the child? Role of Psychologists and Counsellors
· Case Studies; discussions.